Friday, November 24, 2017

Gamishness Project Continued!

I decided to continue my Gamishness project, where I draw a scene from The Nays, but in the style of a video game.




This one takes place during the Field Ravens Eventure when Gair first meets Trekkon, Rasake, and the rest of the Field Ravens.

And for this one, I drew it in FF8 style! I actually enjoyed drawing the background more than the characters on this one, because it felt more natural to recreate in this style. Since the PS1 models are not detailed at all, I had trouble emulating that style because expressions is my favorite thing to draw usually. I referenced some scenes of the orphanage in FF8, because those were kind of what inspired the scenes in this part of The Nays to begin with. My favorite part about FF8 is the story, characters, and composition. Obviously there are better looking games out there, but I still really love how detailed the backgrounds are, considering their limited resources at the time. The compositions obviously still hold up really well. The updated resolution in the Steam Mod makes the art look a lot nicer too, but I tried to emulate the old style by sharpening and blurring certain parts, to feel more genuine.

No comments:

Post a Comment