Sunday, October 6, 2019

Firebreath's Exploration

This was the first full project that I coded from scratch in JavaScript! It's a short choose your own adventure game where you follow Firebreath, a self-proclaimed dragon, through various scenarios.

Play the Game at this link:

I created this as a present for my brother's birthday. The style was inspired by one of his favorite games, Famicom Detective Club (which the music also comes from).

This was a short project made for fun, so enjoy!

Here are some screenshots from the game:

Tuesday, October 1, 2019

Return of Gesture Drawing

It feels like it's been forever since I've sat down and done gesture drawings from a website. I used to do it a lot before I was busy with work, but lately, it's been hard to find time to do any. But I finally found a bit of time to do a few, so of course, I'm very rusty!



Sunday, September 29, 2019

Detective Pubby

For this month's Improvement Movement prompt, I played around with colors and lighting. I decided to take a scene from Detective Ragger for this one. I wanted this scene to take place at night, but I had fun coming up with different light sources and light colors.

These are all 4 of the variations together!

This is the original with flat colors.

And the process it took to get the flats laid out.

First I did the window lighting.

And here's the window lighting process.

Then I tried out moonlighting.

And this is the process for getting to the moonlighting.

And finally, the police car lighting.

And the final process for the police car lighting.

Friday, September 27, 2019

September Music Mania Doodles

I listened to music and doodled during my lunch break today to take a break from coding.

Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Trails of Cold Steel Sketches

Some recent fanart sketches I've done related to Trails of Cold Steel!

I've been playing a lot of Trails of Cold Steel recently, so I decided to doodle the characters. It's been a while since I've played through a really long RPG that wasn't Final Fantasy or Persona.

I always like when we get to see video game characters in outfits that aren't their usual uniforms, so here's a doodle of Claire from Trails of Cold Steel in her fancy undercover clothes from the bar scene.

Monday, September 23, 2019

Rush Sketches

I've been working on planning an Eventure having to do with time travel, so I've been sketching Rush more often.

Here's a sketch of what Rush might look like when he gets older!

Rush never seems to get things done whenever his friends are around, but he's usually pretty productive in his studies when he's by himself.

Saturday, September 21, 2019

Alternate Timelines

I've been working on planning the Truth of Yaguzi Eventure, so that means making art about it!

This is what Zandra might look like in an alternate timeline.

Ilsa's ready for a pool party in the last few days of summer here.