Saturday, June 15, 2013

Speed Painting Process

So I decided to try out Goro Fujita's idea of doing a speed painting a day. He has mentioned before that doing a speed painting a day is the main way that helped him improve, so I figured I'll try it out. I'm not going to be 100% dedicated to it, I'm just going to do them whenever I have some extra free time. I figured it'd be worth a try, especially since he's one of my favorite artists out there.

I did a basic two minute sketch just to lay out the scene before I started.
Some basic colors I put down before blending anything
And finally, the finished product! This took me about 45 minutes.
Also, this is the photograph I used as a reference. I took this photo of The Devil's Punch Bowl, a park near a waterfall in Canada.

"034: Nidoking"
Pokemon of the Day!

A little sketch I did of Jinny and I video chatting.

6/14/13

No comments:

Post a Comment