Wednesday, January 18, 2023

CUPdate 38: Nay Event, Colors Live, and Storyboards

For this CUPdate, I've mostly been getting back into things. This is going to be one of my more productive CUPdates for awhile though.

I started off by continuing the Nay Event, Return to Mr Marcus World. My brother and I are meeting more frequently to do voice chats where we can work on projects together or just do fun activities. For this one, we tried a new event which was a lot of fun! One of us sketched a character digitally, then we sent that drawing over to the other person. They then had to hold a paper up to the screen and trace it. Then we used traditional mediums to color the other person's drawing. This was a really fun collab!

These are the ones I started with the sketch and then he colored:


And these are the ones that he did the sketch for and I colored:


And then another activity that's continued from previous ones is that we'll search for our character's name on Google images and then the first image of a person that comes up, we Photoshop it and turn it into an image of them. These are a little weirder, but here are the two I edited this time:

I've also been continuing to do pretty much daily sketches on Colors Live. The Colors Quest mode with prompts and challenges has been really fun. I see that I only have about a month's worth of them left maybe though, so I'm going to have to come up with my own prompts once I do all of those. It's been a fun way to learn the software though.

And then I've also been making progress on storyboards for the Stinky Girl Eventure whenever I'm at my computer. I finished all of the lineart for all of it, so I'm hoping to have all of the art colored and finished sometime in the first few months of this year.

For next time I'm going to try and do the Global Game Jam. We'll see how that goes! I'm getting surgery in a week and will be recovering in weeks to come, but the plan is to take it easy and do a more chill game this time. After that, depending on how recovery goes, I'm also not expecting much from myself for the next month or so at least, so these may be fairly small posts going forward other than the next one potentially. I'm hoping after this that I'll be feeling better and able to work on art more again though, if everything goes well!

No comments:

Post a Comment