Friday, December 2, 2022

CUPdate 35: Timer Eventure & p5 Side Project

November's been busy! I ended up being busy in my social life more this month and a lot of video games came out, so I drew a little less often than I would've liked, but I made up for it on a few days by drawing more.

I started out by creating a JavaScript project in p5. This was going to be a short little project for fun that ended up taking a few full days of development to make. Basically it grabs a CSV from one of my massive Google Sheets that lists every character I have and it imports that data into the p5 project. And depending on what the date is, it shows all of the characters whose birthdays it is currently! This is a fun project that will help give me daily prompts of who to draw (and if I haven't drawn them, encourage me to!). Sometimes I want to just have a random character prompt to draw, so I figured this would be perfect to help with that. Right now the picture reference isn't working, but I at least have the basic info about them that'll be good to see for each day.

My brother and I finally wrote the first half of the Timer Eventure! This is one of the biggest turning points in the story and it's been one that I've wanted to do for awhile. We finally got started on it, which was good. Hopefully we'll get to finish writing it before the next time.

And then November ended, so I finished my digital sketchbook for November. I was reading a lot of Eventures this month so I did some quick sketches of some Eventure moments. Also we rewrote a lot of the Timer Eventure, so I did some concepts during some of the intermissions. And then November 3rd 2022 is Rocko's actual birth date, so he was officially born this month!

So while there's not a ton in this post, I did actually get a lot of secret projects done that I can't show yet. Next month I'll be able to talk about some of these projects publicly though, so until then!

No comments:

Post a Comment