Friday, April 1, 2022

CUPdate 21: Eventure Rewrites & Video Editing

So we had a longer time for this CUPdate, but I don't have a ton more to show. Most of what I've been doing is proofreading, planning, and rewriting Eventures. So a lot of writing, but not so many visual updates! The main visual updates I have are video edits that I did towards the end.

I started by reading some Eventures and doing a lot of proofreading throughout Eventures. And through reading these, I started to think of more ideas for rewriting Eventures that I wrote a long time ago, because some of those were just really outdated and I know I could do better now. So I went back and rewrote some parts of the Timer Afterwards Eventure. I also planned out the Timer Eventure and part of the Baron Sisters Eventure, since both of those lead up to this one. There's still a bit more I wanna do with the Timer Afterwards Eventure in terms of making new parts, but I haven't fully figured that one out yet.

Then after I rewrote part of the Timer Afterwards Eventure, I drew some storyboards for the part in The Gek's World. I decided to add some grayscaling to this one to make certain parts pop more. It took a little more time, but was a good addition.


I was also editing some parts in the Ducklin Eventure and decided to revisit a drawing from 2015. Trekkon and Sarah's designs have changed a bit since then, so I drew over this drawing to update it to their new designs for this scene. I also had fun playing around with making Sarah's Dark Vaiyo markings a lot more prominent and vein-like here:

2015
2022

Then I decided to start thinking about how I want Eventure Trailers to be structured. These are going to basically be short videos that are about 5-10 minutes long to recap what happens throughout an entire Eventure. I originally made one of these for the Discovery of the Rebirth Stone Eventure using rough storyboards and voice clips to portray the story. I've been wanting to make more of these and do eventually want to make them for all of the Eventures. Since The Gek Eventure has the most finished art from the Twine story that I made in December, I decided to see what one of these would look like with finished art. I still need to record sound files for most of it and make a few more edits like zooming in on pictures, fading in music, and figuring out how I want subtitles to work. But this was a fun mini-project to take a break from reading and writing Eventures.

I've been in the mood for some video editing recently, so I decided to grab all of the "Nay a Week" videos that I recorded so far and edited them together so I can slowly progress forward on that project. This is a project I'm planning to post at the end of the year and am slowly recording footage for. Basically it's just mini-vlogs of me talking about The Nays and my progress on the project. I thought it'd be a fun project to do for the 20-year anniversary this year.

After that, I got in the mood for editing videos and realize it had been 10 months since I last uploaded a Sketchbook Tour. I was editing those consistently for awhile and kinda just stopped. But so I ended up editing 3 of them and 2 of those I uploaded already. It's fun going back and seeing my old art and memories.

And then since another month ended, I finished my March digital sketchbook page! This month I was reading a lot of Eventures, so I would often doodle a little scene from the one that I just read or characters relating to them at least.

I'll be traveling during the next CUPdate so I'm not expecting to post much for next time. But I plan on continuing with the projects I've been working on and trying to make a little progress there!

No comments:

Post a Comment