Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Bobolo River Eventure [Stop Motion Animation]

This year for Christmas, I worked on a very ambitious stop motion animation for my brother. I actually started this back in October, when I planned scenes, created props, and recorded the video. I ended up finishing the project in whole about a week before Christmas, so it was nice to take a break from looking at it constantly before watching it on the premiere date.


Since this video is GIANT, I don't want to upload it multiple places.
Please check out the video here though!
(the video unfortunately couldn't be uploaded at full quality because the file size was too large, as well)

In whole, the project took me 94 hours and 40 minutes to complete. And it's 38 minutes and 54 seconds long in total. This is definitely the longest video I have ever exported out of Premiere, which is why it took about a day to actually export. Also I didn't even export as the highest quality, because that probably would've taken another full day in addition.


The opening was one of my favorite parts because it involved a lot more drawing rather than pure video editing. I tried to make it look like an actual TV show opening.

I initially wrote this script in September 2016. This Eventure felt very contained and like a complete story on its own, so I thought it would work best for one video that I could share even with people who aren't familiar with the whole story.

This project has a lot of silly things like my voice acting and weird action figures to represent them, but it was very reminiscent of where The Nays actually started. It started out with us playing with action figures to create a story. We pretended our original characters were these action figures and we would play with them in various places of our house.

And now I want to share a few individual still images from the full video to showcase some of the best parts. Please excuse some parts of my house that can be seen in the background, I tried to cut most areas that weren't props out, but some scenes it just couldn't be avoided.


































No comments:

Post a Comment