Thursday, November 6, 2014

Character Design Group Project: Spellbound

For the past two weeks I have been working with a group on a concept idea for an animated TV show. We decided to make ours about a little girl who learns how to use magic from a con-artist who uses fake magic. We each focused on developing one character in the series and then collaborated to create three beat boards total. Each of the beat boards had two artists working on them.

This was the final beat board that I had the amazing opportunity to collaborate with Beth Wollman on! Beth did the initial rough layout, characters, and value study and I lined and colored it.

Turnaround of Louise, the hardy and practical sidekick of our main character.

Some rough poses for Louise.

These were some initial sketches and silhouettes of Louise.

Some of my initial beat board sketches.

And these were some color studies based off of some of the beat boards we decided upon. The second one was drawn by Cameron McClain, I just overlayed some quick colors.

Real quick logo ideas. We ended up basing our final logo off of the number 2 design.

Some environment studies I did for the project.


Overall this project was a whole lot of fun! I had a really awesome group, which made the experience a lot more enjoyable too. Though we had a pretty short period of time to create this project, I am fairly pleased with how everything turned out overall.

No comments:

Post a Comment