Friday, June 10, 2022

CUPdate 25: Eventure Writing & Cassette Tapes

We had a lot more time since the previous CUPdate, but also I've been having a hard time getting back into drawing often, so I've mostly been doing a lot of writing. Since the last CUPdate post, I wrote 2 Eventures, so I'd say that's pretty decent progress.

I started out this CUPdate by visiting my parents, where I picked up some of my old cassette tapes. It was very nostalgic! When I was a kid, I used to record my own "radio shows", opening theme songs for my made up TV shows, and more on those tapes. So I got a USB tape recorder that can convert those into mp3 files using Audacity. So I drew some sketches while listening to these tapes.

I had a slow transition back to working on my own personal projects when I got back because work was so hectic and taking up a lot of my time and energy. But since I took a few days off amongst the chaos, I did manage to get my mind off of things and write some Eventures. To get back into it, I first did a different approach for the Shinneas Eventure, which is now called the Sorceress Osyra Eventure. I started out by recording some sound files, which then inspired some story moments/planning of songs, and then I made The Nays make blog posts for each part that I had planned out. After that, I actually went back and wrote the Eventure, updated some blog posts, then I recorded some more final sound clips that I put on the blog. It was a fun and creative approach, which really helped me get back into things!

And then after creating the sound clips, I ended up writing the whole Sorceress Osyra Eventure on a day off. It was fun to have the blog post outlines for each of the scenes as I was writing.

After writing that Eventure, I spent a day writing the rest of the Sid Eventure with my brother! This was one that I started a few months ago and did parts with just The M Nays, then I had planned out the rest and we finished it off together.

Then the month of May ended so I finished another digital sketchbook page! This month was a little rough because I was so busy, so I honestly didn't draw every day, even traditionally. I'm trying to get back into it, but it's just a really draining time.

And then that's about it. There were some unexpected family things right before this CUPdate so I ended up spending a lot of my free time just playing games to just relax and take some time off. Work has also been super busy so like I said earlier, it's been a struggle to work on my own projects much these days. Days off outside of the normal weekend seem to be when I get most things done. Because things are so busy it's hard to take days off, but maybe some day I'll be less busy and able to get back to things. For now, not promising much for next time, but I hope to at least be able to get back into spending Sundays on working on projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment