Saturday, December 25, 2021

CUPdate 15: Christmas Presents and the Last CUPdate of 2021

This is the last CUPdate post of the year! Our last meeting actually happened the other week, but because I spent the majority of my past few weeks working on Christmas presents, I didn't want to actually post publicly about them until after Christmas. So now you can all see what I've been working on in my secret projects over the past couple of months!

The main project I've been working on is a Twine interactive story of the very first Eventure of The Nays: The Gek Eventure! We wrote this a few years back in 2017 and I've been working on the comic for it, but I've never actually shared the beginning of this story with anyone besides my brother, so this is a big step! I'm hoping in the future I can make more of these chronologically since I know in the past the few I did upload were way later in the story.

Read the story here!

The beginning portion of this story has drawings from my comic (and some of those are just lineart currently, but I plan to update them at some point), and then there are a few videos/images that my brother drew a few years back as a gift for me. But other than that, the rest of the drawings were done new for this project! So it took me around 100+ hours to draw, but I'm happy with how the overall presentation came out.

This is the story that we've been working on ever since we were kids. It's gone through multiple title changes (The Guy Who Talks Like This, The Kids, The Worlds, and eventually The Nays!). 

When we officially called it TGWTLT or The Kids and made it its own story was back in 2002, so we're coming up on the 20-year anniversary! And then in 2012, we rebranded it to The Nays and the direction changed a lot, meaning it's now the 10-year anniversary of that as well. I figured this would be a great time to finally share the start of what we've been working on for all of that time. You can check out The Nays website if you want to learn more about the characters.

Though this Twine project has been the main thing I've been working on, I also did a few other mini-gifts. One of them was creating a website for all of the presents that my brother and I made for each other for holidays over the years! This goes back to 2006 when I made an AMV with inside jokes in it for my brother's birthday, then they started to get more customized over the years. Some of these are super old versions of our characters and the story when we used to just include actual characters from other series in our story, so please keep that in mind if you end up viewing this site! lol Anything 2013 and after should be more applicable though.

And then another present for my brother was that I created one of his characters (Yaro) on Hero Forge and then commissioned Sandro on Etsy to 3D print it and paint it! It turned out super small, but it's still really cool that we now have a 3D-printed model of one of our characters.


And then lastly, not really CUPdate-related, but I made a custom cookbook for my parents that includes all of our custom recipes. I used Blurb to print it, just like I used for the Spoon Bath Eventure book that I printed for my brother last year. Most of them are from my brother and I, and our friends, because we've been cooking a lot more since we moved out of my parents' house last year.

And that's it for now! I'm planning to make my usual end of the year/start of the year posts as usual, so those will still happen before the next CUPdate. I'm glad I got to finally share these projects with all of you, since it feels like this has been all I've been working on the past few months.

No comments:

Post a Comment