Friday, August 20, 2021

CUPdate 9: Logo, Characters, and Enemy Paths

So this time around, I don't have a ton to show, but I did do some important things that will help me in the long run, so overall good progress.


With big news to start off, I finally have a title for my game! After hours of brainstorming, I finally came up with Compass Nays as the title. And from there, I made the logo to go along with it.


And to get here, I did a bunch of concepts. I started with a font called A Aha Wow, and my drawing of The Gek for the O, then I sketched my own version to make the letters look waxier. Then I just started to apply a bunch of effects in Photoshop until I got to the final version!


Since I finally have a title, I made all of the social media pages that I'll need. I don't plan to start posting on those until I have final art to show, but I wanted to at least get those set up so I don't have to worry about them down the line when I'll need them. So I made the Website, Tumblr, Twitter, and Instagram.


In addition to social media pages, I also made accounts on Game Jolt and RPGMaker.net so I can start to share my progress there. I'm slowly uploading older projects first before I start sharing this game's progress there, but I wanted to be involved in more game dev platforms so I can share my progress with more people!


Then I made an asset list for all of the characters and backgrounds I know I'll need for the entire game, so I can start working on art for some of the later parts when I feel like doing art more than the game design parts. So once I did that, I sketched some characters I forgot about in The Gek Eventure.


Though nothing visually changed, I did improve the mechanics of enemies chasing the player with a VisuStella movement plugin instead of using a bunch of manual events that required parallel events. This way, the performance will be much improved, and there's no longer lag on maps with a lot of enemies! It may not look like a huge update, but a lot of work went into this! Now enemies are alerted when the player enters their range, then they chase the player, and stop when the player exits that range.


So overall, not a lot of updates this time around, and I'll be pretty busy with life things in the weeks to come, so I'm not expecting a huge post next time around either. But I'll try to get what I can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment