Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Onwards to 2019!

It's 2019, a new year, and with that, some New Year's Resolutions.

Before I start talking about what I plan to do in 2019, here is my summary of art over the years:


(For a bigger version, go here!)

Just like 2018, I'm planning to keep on posting every other day here on Blogger. I'm still behind on posting, so this month and next you may still see some art from the end of 2018, but I think that's for the best. It puts less pressure on me to post every day. Overall, I know myself too well that I can't stop myself from posting to my other social media sites on a daily basis.

Last year was so busy that I didn't end up having time to practice fundamentals like I wanted to. I still want to push myself to try and find time to do it, because I have noticed some of my art slipping without it, but I can't guarantee anything.

My current solution is to start making more personal sketches again so that I can focus on being looser. I'm thinking about using more references so that it might be able to help me work on anatomy more.

Though I want to be more open with projects this year, I do have some plans. I want to create more Eventure drawings, whether they're sketches or fleshed out animations. I just want to work on my interactive story website, because it's something I'm really passionate about. I'm thinking if I even make one a day, I could end up finishing a few of them by the end of the year. This is what I've found to be the best way to tell my story, so maybe I could actually finish it before I get old and die (which I found out wasn't probably possible if I were to keep doing the comic style, haha)!

I'm thinking that I might go back to doing some of my Nay-A-Day drawings when summer comes around. This'll be the first summer that I'm not out at camp, so it'll be my opportunity to draw some of the summer characters on their actual birthdays.

Those are all of the art-related resolutions that I have, but I also have a few more personal resolutions that I've been thinking about.

I want to create a semi-public blog or journal where I post a photo a day. Right now I have a Wordpress blog that's private, and I'm still not sure if I wanna make it public or not. But that'll be a personal project where I can just keep track of what's going on in my life better. This could act as a gratitude or positivity journal just to kind of keep my spirits up. This journal isn't anything big, it's just something that I could use as a way to reflect on the days better and share whatever's going on in my life. I might make some polls on my social media sites to see if anyone would be interested in actually viewing this thing, but for now, it'll stay private.

I really like making organized lists, so this year I want to use some software to better organize things in my life. I've already started on a few, but I want to make an organized site that stores every video game I've ever played and any memories and other things about it. I also want to make some more organized lists or sites related to The Nays, so that I can organize all of the information a lot better. And I still want to revive my dream journal where I can easily search and add entries. These are all things that'll probably happen regardless of if I plan them out, but I think it'll be fun.

And then I'd like to get back into learning music again. I bought a midi keyboard last year and never actually fully learned how to play the piano. I'm going to try and push myself to learn it because it's something I've always wanted to do. This could even be just a small practice once a week or something, just to kind of start figuring things out.

So yeah, I have lots of ideas for 2019, but nothing is set, kind of like how 2018 was. I just wanna keep staying inspired and working on projects while working a full-time job. Since 2018 went so great, I'm hoping the same for 2019!

No comments:

Post a Comment