Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Mixed Media Illustration

I did something different for this Concept Sunday and created a mixed media illustration. It started in my sketchbook, then I decided to add some enhancements in Photoshop.

Here's the final image of Yaguzi and Zandra!

I started out with a sketch in my sketchbook.

I fixed up some proportions and cleaned it up a little.

I went over the lines in pen and cleaned it up farther.

I added some simple shading with pencil and pen, making certain elements pop out more than others.

I added some base colors with colored pencil.

I went over the colors with marker.

Then I made the finishing touches on the traditional piece and added color to the background.

It felt like it still needed something, so I made some enhancements in Photoshop by brightening colors and intensifying them a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment