Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Chasing the Bootleggers in the Lakewood Library

This week's Concept Sunday drawing takes place during the Lakewood Library Eventure when Elfno and the rest of The Nays are chasing after the bootleggers. When my brother was reading this part, I envisioned a really cool shot, so I decided to do an illustration of it!

This is the part that he wrote for the Eventure:
<Chozu> Ew, the other two are getting away though!
<Elfno> Yes! Towards the pop-up book section!
* Elfno leads the others into the children's area. One of the tao faces stops for a moment to throw a bunch of stuffed animals at The Nays.
* Elfno whips out his sword and slices through a stuffed bear, causing fur and cotton to fly in every direction. 

Here's the final illustration!

I also decided to do a quick animated version by moving the illustration elements around.

This is a gif showcasing my process.

And here's the process in image progression form:
The initial sketch to figure out the composition.

I cleaned up the line art for Elfno and the background.

I cleaned up the line art for the bear and stuffing.

I added some base colors.

I added shading to all of the elements.

I blurred some elements and added some action lines to indicate motion.

And the final version, where I lightened and blurred the action lines a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment