Sunday, December 27, 2015

Large Comic Page

For Christmas this year, I made a large-scaled traditional comic page for my brother. I've got tons of extra good quality paper from when I was a student, so I decided to make use of some of that. And since it was too big to scan, so I got some progress photos instead. It's based upon a journal entry I wrote a little while back (you can read the whole thing here).


The final comic page!


First I sketched out a storyboard and page layout on a smaller 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper.


Then I sketched the layout to match on a larger scale piece of paper.


Next, I tied down the roughs.


Then I inked it in.


     
And finally, the color! So here are the close-up shots to show the details.



And this was a little test/doodle sheet of paper I had for testing colors. I even thought about coloring it in marker at one point, but colored pencil seemed like the wiser decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment