Here's the final image of Yaguzi and Zandra!
I started out with a sketch in my sketchbook.
I fixed up some proportions and cleaned it up a little.
I went over the lines in pen and cleaned it up farther.
I added some simple shading with pencil and pen, making certain elements pop out more than others.
I added some base colors with colored pencil.
I went over the colors with marker.
Then I made the finishing touches on the traditional piece and added color to the background.
It felt like it still needed something, so I made some enhancements in Photoshop by brightening colors and intensifying them a bit.