Monday, January 23, 2017

Global Game Jam!

After 30 to 40 hours of hard work and little to no sleep, I finished my second Global Game Jam! This time me and Steve created a game in RPG Maker MV, but we used entirely our own art. No pre-made stuff this time! We spent a lot of time on the art, and were also able to make a few puzzles. This game's definitely a lot more polished than last year's. And it was a lot of fun to make!


Here's the final menu screen that I created for our game! It was entirely made from pictures, and no pre-made menu.

This was the final text box that I created.

Here was the title screen that I made. 

Steve painted this background for our jungle maze! I created the character sprite and menu button. 

 Another background by Steve. I created the UI elements. I was also the one who programmed this part to function in RPG Maker.

And this is another shot of the same map as above. I created the sprites of both Mr Dude and Mar.

And this is another shot of the same map as above. I created the sprites of both Mr Dude and Marr. I also made the UI and Marr's portrait drawing.

I drew a bunch of mushrooms for our cave puzzle! 

And then this was our splash screen. I created the text based on the font we used in our game, Bubblegum Sans. And that was a picture of The Gek that I drew awhile back that I decided to incorporate!

No comments:

Post a Comment