Friday, December 26, 2014

Forgotten Memories

So for the past week, I have been working on this short animated teaser, that I created for my brother for Christmas.


This was done mostly as a teaser to one of our existing stories. As you can probably tell, a lot of inside jokes are included in there, since this was a gift. Although, I thought since it was a fun project that came out fairly well (considering I only spent about ten hours total on it), so I thought I would share it here as well. Oh and Speedvore is another alias I go by, as NimbU is his.

With this project, I wanted to experiment with some effects in Premiere and just a whole new style of animating in Photoshop, and in a more painterly style (inspired by the Dam Keeper). It was really fun and surprisingly went a lot faster than I thought it would. The paintings took less time than my usual cleaned up lines, because I was using tied down roughs over top the paintings. This short is not particularly fully animated, but the few sequences that were animated more did not take as long either. I feel like this is just as, or even more, visually appealing than my usual animations, so it is something I would like to consider looking into for my future projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment