Sunday, March 16, 2014

Environment Time!

My plan for over (the remaining of) Spring Break is to create an environment piece at least once a day. Whether it be a study from a photograph or life, or making up my own environments. After my junior review, I was reminded that I really do focus a bit too much on characters and really need to start drawing those environments more. So I hope to improve by doing this exercise.

But in the meantime, this is what I did last week to start breaking into these environments and thinking of them in a different light:

Test environment study I did, taking elements from a few different photos and combining them into one. This is a garbage dump, for Project Deanster.

Another little study I did of an apartment complex to grab at ideas for Project Deanster.

I tried creating some silhouettes of simple environment elements: trees and islands. I also tried out things like a house and a garbage can.

Some little bridge tests.

No comments:

Post a Comment