Tuesday, October 3, 2017

It's Inktober Time!!

With October started, that means it's time for Inktober! About a week ago I got some new supplies just in time for Inktober to start: markers, pens, and a sketchbook! I'm super excited to be able to put these supplies to good use, because as you all probably know, I specialize in digital. So experimenting with traditional mediums is always a fun experience.

This year I'm trying out something even more new and experimental: creating characters who were not created specifically for The Nays. I thought about how I might be able to incorporate these characters into the story, but I'm not entirely sure if that will ever happen. Instead of creating characters based on prior ideas or already written stories, these characters will be designed from scratch and drawn specifically based on one little prompt.

The theme of Inktober for me this year is Post-Apocalyptic Wanderers. I realized that is one genre that hasn't really shown itself at all in The Nays, so I figured this would be something fresh and new. I got this idea from finding these prompts on one of the Inktober Facebook posts.

Annnnd here are the first two entries for this year:


Day 1: Father and Daughter

Day 2: The Girl and Her Dog

No comments:

Post a Comment