Friday, April 22, 2016

Sarah Concept Art

A week or so ago, I had my portfolio reviewed and it made me start to reflect on a few things regarding the direction I am taking my art in. I decided to try something new and step out of my comfort zone for this one.

And the process!

 I started with a basic gestural sketch to get down the pose.

 And then I went ahead and detailed in the costume.

I used the sketch as a base, and then blocked in the colors. 

I started placing in the basic shading using a hard brush. 

Then I started to flesh out the background a little more. 

I softened the shading a bit and smoothed things out. 

And then I made some finishing touches to the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment