Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Observational Sketch Book & the Perks of Daily Socializing

So even though I was super busy with work, I was always out and about, in public spaces. So that gave me tons of opportunities for life drawings. Whenever I had a free few minutes, I was able to take out my sketchbook and just draw people in the room, or just anything in general. I made a habit of doing at least one page a day of observational drawings, and I've got to say, it helped me out a lot. I cannot recommend that more. It's hard for me to get out of the house every day and draw people when I'm at home, but when I'm pushed into social situations from work, it really forces me to sit down and observe people a lot better. This was another super exciting part of this summer, and I hope to continue doing it as often as I can.

The first few days I really just drew some of the kids in the labs.


 
Eventually, I started to draw the people in the Ohio Union Lobby almost every day.


I drew a bit at my friend, Hillary's house when I would come over every weekend.


 
 
 
 
 
More Ohio Union sketches.


More from Hillary's house.


 
And more Ohio Union sketches!


Some sketches from in the labs one day.

 
Sketches from the Columbus and Chicago airports.

-
 
Sketches from the labs and lounge area of St. Edward's University in Austin, TX.

 
Some more airport sketches. These ones were in Austin and Dallas.


Various sketches from the dorms.


More from Hillary's house.


 
And some more from the dorms.


 
Some sketches while waiting for the kids at check-out. Basically just of OSU campus.


And some sketches from lunch one day.


I scanned 62 pages of my sketchbook. There are about five to ten not included in here, but I'll make a post with those ones soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment