Sunday, April 28, 2019

Improvement Movement: Vehicles

I designed a bunch of vehicles in The Nays for the Improvement Movement!


For this month's Improvement Movement, the prompt was to draw some vehicles! This is something I struggle with a lot, so I went ahead and just sketched out a bunch of ideas for various vehicles that I've wrote into The Nays. There are more than these ones, but I drew a good variety.

Here's a breakdown of all of the ones pictured:

  • Malcolm's Speed Boat: I realize this is more like a large ship that Malcolm might not be able to afford, so maybe this is a ship that Celia's family owns and maybe the North Harbor residents go on cruises in it. His speed boat might actually be something a bit smaller and cramped, but I didn't think about this until after I already finished drawing this concept.
  • Kolo's Linkship: Based on a more round design that NimbusStev made up, this might be the linkship that Kolo drives with the S Nays.
  • Cipo's Linkship: An idea for a linkship that Cipo pilots. I based the overall design on a tape recorder, because when we used to play with toys, we would use tape recorders as the linkships. I imagine it opens from the top like a tape recorder, and there's a ladder on the side for them to get out of it.
  • CPO Linkship (alt): This was the first idea I had for a linkship, but not so sure if I like how it came out. That's why I drew the design above it instead.
  • Mr Dude World Police Car: This is the car that Rabiah and Johnny steal from the police to rescue Scott, Aya, and Jennie during the War on Mr Dude World Eventure.
  • Pidge Flyer: This is a glass box that Pidgebeetle owns and often transports The Nays around in. It's made from glass and wood, and is powered by the top strings. You can see Pidgebeetle piloting it in this image. I imagine that Pidgebeetle attaches his wings to the strings, flaps his wings, and it makes the outer wings flap. So it can only really be powered by a bird, which is fitting for Tag World.
  • Cipo's Bike: Cipo obsesses over his bike, but it's just a normal bike with CPO on the side of it.
  • Slyro's New Wagon: A covered wagon powered by a bug creature that Slyro shows off to Hawkin and Pidgebeetle during the Return to Muko Inc. Eventure. The Nays steal it from him, which is why I drew Shaw in there piloting it.
  • Party Sanctuary Mine Cart: The mine cart that Bobby escapes from the Party Place with the M Nays in, during the Escape from the Party Place Eventure. It can fit around 25 people in it, which works perfectly for the group they need. This is why the M and S Nays need to split up so they can all fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment