Monday, December 31, 2018

2018 Recap

Wow, it's the end of 2018. This was a HUGE year for me and I feel like the last few months flew by really quickly.

As per tradition, I'm gonna recap everything that happened this year.

In the first few months of the year, I continued working as a temporary content developer at iD Tech and went on to Assistant Direct at the UW location during the summer. It was one of my favorite summers because I had great staff and Seattle is one of my favorite places (and I'd love to live there permanently someday)!

After the summer, I went to Florida for the first time with my friends from college. We went to Universal Studios and Disney World for a week, so it was a lot of fun. As soon as I got back, I accepted the job as a full-time content developer at iD Tech! I've been working at this for YEARS and it finally happened. Since then, I've flown out there twice for training and the HoliDay party. Not only that, but one of my best camp friends also got the same job at the same time, so we still get to work together!

In addition to all of this excitement, I'm finally in a spot in my life where I'm happy and getting along well. My life is much better than 2016-2017, which was a very rough time. So I'm really happy about it.

In terms of art, things haven't exactly been the same. Let's start with my yearly art summary:


I started off fairly strong by doing Concept Sunday, a project where I would create a concept piece for my story on Sundays since they were the days I had most time.

In March and April, I did a project that I called the 47 Days of Positivity to kind of act as a self-reflection and uplifting project.

I ended up writing a lot of my story and together we finished 19 Eventures (which is the second most of any year since we started!). In May and June, I did a lot of sketches related to these, which was fun. This past month, including the rewrites, I've managed to finish writing at least 3-4, and started another one that'll be done in the next few days most likely. So it's been a busy time for working on my story!

As usual, June - August is camp time, so I didn't have a whole lot of time to draw. Even September was fairly busy.

Finally, I got back to my usual daily projects at the end of the year. October was Inktober, November was NaNoWriMo, and December was Digicember.

In November and December, I worked on a website where I tell the stories that I've been writing in an interactive format using text, pictures, videos, and sound. This was one of my favorite projects to come out of this year and it's inspired me for what's to come next!

But overall, 2018 was my busiest year where I definitely had the least amount of time to dedicate to art. I imagine 2019 will be the same, or even busier, so look forward to tomorrow's post where I'll discuss what kind of plans I have to deal with this business!

No comments:

Post a Comment