Monday, July 23, 2018

Art Style Variations

Here are some recent art style drawings I did of my characters.

It's been awhile, so here's Powerpuff Girls! I used to watch this show a lot as a kid, but just for a short time. This style was so difficult because it's SO SIMPLE. I felt guilty using shape tools to create some of these shapes like the perfect circle head, but it was the only way to make it true to the style. Definitely a challenge for me!

I really haven't watched PPG in awhile, but from what I can remember, I would compare Zandra to Blossom the most because she's a leader and kinda in charge. And believe it or not, I used a Blossom action figure as Zandra back in the day when The Nays was a "playing with toys show" when I was younger. So I feel like I HAVE to associate Zandra with Blossom. I mostly referenced Blossom for looks with Bubbles' color scheme. And since no one in the show has scarves, I had to make it up based on Mojo Jojo's cape.

Scott in Lucky Star style.

Ralphie in Jojo's Bizarre Adventure style.

No comments:

Post a Comment