Thursday, April 26, 2018

Dr Buh's Fools - Anime Screenshot Project

This is a new project where I would watch a random episode of an anime I've never heard of starting with the same letter as a Nay and try to draw something inspired/based on what I see in the time limit of the episode. I tried to draw in the style of the anime as best I could as well, but sometimes there wasn't enough time to have an accurate representation. But I also tried to make them look kinda like screenshots. This project was called "Dr Buh's Fools" in reference to when Professor Braves used to let The Nays watch new anime from the Lakewood Library (and today's April Fool's, so it was fitting).


Clove watched Canaan, which had an interesting setting for things happening since it was all taking place on a train. I feel like some of the concepts and characters were interesting in theory, but how it was presented felt too generic.

Ralphie watched Re: Hamatora, which was probably the best one so far. It had an interesting concept and lots of action. This is one I might actually try again and pay full attention to. This was my favorite drawing of how it came out in the end as well, but then again I think it's the one that strayed from the initial style most.

Gair watched Gamers!, which was just some generic slice of life romance anime. I liked the video game references, but the story felt kinda boring. The opening was the best part though. Oh and on a side note, I drew the mouth normally and then realized in this anime, they have mouths on the side of their faces so I had to redraw that part to fit with the style.

Arianna watched Absolute Duo, where I didn't really understand what was happening. I just know they were looking for someone. Oh yeah and Photoshop crashed in the middle of this one, but luckily I saved.

The first one was Spicco watching Selector Infected WIXOSS9. It was some card game anime and the themes were kinda weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment