Sunday, January 21, 2018

Veetoff's Revenge Concept

I wrote the Light Festival Eventure last night and decided to do my Concept Sunday drawing a bit early (last night)! 

And so during that Eventure, there was a fight between Veetoff and Gair (in light of the "Ho Go Gag" animation made over 10 years ago). At this point in the story, Veetoff has a very strong hatred for Gair, because Gair's father Jaboo just killed his father Garlint. This is the first time Veetoff sees him after the incident, so he's ready to deal out his revenge.

I had a lot of fun playing with lighting and effects in this drawing. Lighting is usually something I don't spend a whole lot of focus on, especially in my sketches, so this was a fun challenge.



Here's the final drawing!

A gif showcasing the process.

And this is the process explained:

I started with a simple sketch

Cleaned up the lineart

Added base colors for Veetoff

Added the background base color

Added some details onto his clothes

Made some glowing effects for the grenades

Added to the glowing effects to make it reach outwards farther

Added shading to Veetoff

Blurred some parts to make the focus more clear

Blurred some of the glowing effects

Darkened some areas to add more contrast

Lightened the glowing parts

Lightened the lights of the image to further the contrast

Added a darkened border

Added some text!
I wasn't sure if I liked the text or not, so I exported out both versions

No comments:

Post a Comment