Wednesday, January 3, 2018

First Drawing of 2018!

It's 2018, so of course my first drawing of the year has to be of Cipo (tradition since 2009). And going with my New Years resolution, this is my second blog post of the year (though it is the third of the month), since I'm posting every other day now. And also going with my plan - I will be showcasing the progress of this illustration!

Here's the final drawing!

This is a process gif to showcase my process in gif form!
Below are the individual steps.

I started with a quick sketch of the gesture/pose.

Then I sketched in the details of Ya Cipo's costume.

I added some ideas for the background and text elements, in sketch form.

I cleaned it up with some line art.

Then I added the flat colors along with the text elements.

And finally, the shading and additional background effects!

No comments:

Post a Comment