Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Watercolor Sketching

I played a lot with watercolors today. I enjoyed sketching with them a lot more in monochrome than actually mixing colors. Also continuing to work in my sketch book. I'm hoping to finish one of my other old sketch books by the end of break, since I've been using this one on and off for almost a year now.

Portrait for today!

 
Process of it.

A bunch of various experiments I did with watercolors.

I was listening to an episode of Chris Oatley's Art Cast featuring Rafael Rosado last night.  They talked about how it's important to be able to draw in multiple styles, so I decided I should start practicing. For now I just used some style memes I found on DA. I hope to create a bunch of my own styles in the future!

And these are some design variations for my character, Mr. Bailey. I was most satisfied with the bottom right design, so I may stick with that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment